Have you just created an Instagram account and want to get your first 100 followers or are you a user looking for ways to get more followers? If you are from the first group you can easily get your initial followers by asking your friends, family, or co-workers to follow you. But maybe they are not enough and you want other followers. So in this article, we present you with some ways to get 100 followers and more on Instagram without spending money on ads or buying followers. Some of these ways may seem time-consuming but they are certainly worth it.
How to Get 100 Followers on Instagram in 2021
Interact with the Instagram community
Instagram is one of the most popular social networks and it is the most interactive platform. Interacting with users on Instagram is much easier than on other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
The number of followers of an account can indicate how much interaction it has, so if you use the interactive features of Instagram effectively, you will see how the number of your followers’ increases. Below are recommendations for proper engagement with other users.
- Like and comment on the posts of other profiles: If you want to be seen on Instagram, the first step is to spend time liking and commenting on other pages. Show interest in other users’ posts, especially the most recent ones. It is better to like the pages that have fewer followers because they have a better chance of being seen; otherwise, they will disappear in a lot of likes. Commenting takes more time than liking, but it will give you better results. Make a thoughtful comment on posts you like, not just an ordinary one. Responding to Instagram stories and sending direct messages are good ideas, too. But keep in mind that all of these only work when you do them regularly.
- Have an interactive profile: Do not limit yourself to being a publisher, that is, interact with your followers. Respond to comments, especially in the beginning. In addition to responding to comments, if you have a direct message, take your time to reply. On the other hand, post something that encourages your followers to comment and ask questions. This way you can also find out about the trends and opinions of your followers and get ideas for future posts.
Don’t deprive yourself of sharing personal posts, so your followers feel more connected to you. Sharing motivational and positive posts is another way to increase engagement on Instagram. If you interact with your followers frequently and in a good way, there is a good chance that they will recommend you to others and thus you will get more followers.
Use hashtags wisely
A hashtag is an Instagram tool for organizing content, so users can easily navigate through the platform and find what they are looking for faster and easier. Using hashtags correctly is a sure way to get more followers. The hashtag is indeed such a powerful tool that you can get likes without followers using it. You must be strategic in choosing the correct hashtags. Remember that a good hashtag results in receiving more likes in less time. How to choose hashtags and use them correctly?
- Popular hashtags: If you don’t have many followers it is not a good idea to use popular hashtags, because your posts will not be seen among many others that have these hashtags.
- Little used hashtags: If you use these hashtags, your posts will be among the first search results for a longer time, but likely few users are looking for them. However, using the little-used hashtags can work to attract a specific audience.
- Specific hashtags: Generic hashtags are used in millions of Instagram posts, so the more specific you choose the hashtags, the more visibility you will have. For example, if you have a profile to post vegan food recipes, the hashtag #vegan food is much more useful than #food. Well then, other users will find you faster and easier.
- Diverse hashtags: Don’t always use the same hashtags if you want to get more followers. Use a variety of them and find which one works best.
It’s nice to add a few hashtags to your Instagram bio as well. But above all, the most important thing to consider about hashtags is that they are relevant to your publications.
Posting content on Instagram constantly is a key point to get followers. Maintaining consistency is not that easy, but it is very important. If you are not active enough, people will not be interested in following you. Post something at least once a day, and even more times. Instagram Stories attract a lot of attention, so post stories every day. You can also get more attention by making a live video weekly.
If it seems difficult to consistently create content, schedule posts in advance. You can have your content ready for next month, so you don’t have to worry about running out of content. If you don’t have a following yet, post almost ten photos first so you have enough content to introduce yourself to users. Another important point that you should keep in mind to get more followers is to choose a good time to share your publications. This means that you post content during popular hours when a greater number of users are active on Instagram.
Create an eye-catching profile
The total look of your profile has a great effect on those who look at it, so try to create an attractive profile. At first, choose an attractive profile photo, and then write an eye-catching Instagram bio. Try to make a creative feed with a unique style. With an eye-catching profile, you invite more people to follow you.
Finally, you should know that keeping your followers is as important as winning them. So, keep interacting with them regularly and have a strong online presence.
In summary, follow these steps to get 100 followers on Instagram:
- To be successful in gaining followers, you have to be sociable, so engage with the Instagram community.
- Use carefully chosen hashtags and have a strategy for using them.
- Schedule your posts in advance and post content continuously.
- Create a feed that draws people to your posts.